The UBC Library is sad to announce that Mr. Yim Tse, the former Chinese Librarian with Asian Library, passed away on March 16, 2018. Prior to his time as Chinese Librarian, Mr. Tse worked as both a Student Assistant and Library Assistant with the Asian Library. In 1968 Mr. Tse took on the position of Chinese Librarian, a post he held until his retirement in 1999. Mr. Tse was highly respected by UBC faculty and students for his knowledge and in-depth reference support. In addition to his contributions as a librarian, Mr. Tse was also a devoted supporter of the UBC library. Over the years, his family has donated to the Basil Stuart Stubbs Book Prize Fund, the Asian Library Renovation Fund and the Rosa Wai Wai Ho Scholarship in Asian Studies. His gift-in-kind donations are important research materials to the Chinese collection in the Asian library.
See Also: Hours Monthly Viewsource: https://wiki.ubc.ca/Library:Asian_Branch_Widget
- Happy Vaisakhi!
April 11, 2022 - Vaisakhi (also spelled Baisakhi), usually falls on the 13th or 14th of...
- New Books at the Asian Library (March 2022)
April 4, 2022 -
- "I Know We’ll Meet Again” Panel Event Recap
March 8, 2022 - A public panel event, “I Know We’ll Meet Again: Correspondence and...
- New Books at the Asian Library (February 2022)
March 4, 2022 -
- New Books at the Asian Library (December 2021)
January 5, 2022 -
More news | Subscribe to feed
News Blog Archives
- Celebrate Learning with Asian Library: Spotlight on Collections and Innovation
May 3, 2022 - Thursday, May 12, 2022 4:00PM to 5:00PM Online via Zoom Presented a...
- Spring Book Display: LOVE Makes the World Go Round
March 15, 2022 - With each wave of the pandemic, social and physical distancing can...
- Celebrating 60 years of the Asian Library at UBC
August 10, 2021 - ...
- Art and Cultural Exhibition Spaces
July 18, 2016 - ...