UBC Library has been introducing a new course reserve system since last August through Connect, UBC’s new learning management system. This system, launched by UBC Library in collaboration with the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology and UBC IT, is a portal to all course reserves on a secure, campus-wide basis. Old course reserves request forms will be retired on April 30, 2013 in favour of the new system, which provides many benefits.
Benefits for instructors:
- Easy addition of articles, books, web links and media resources
- View the status of course reserve requests
- Get a hyperlink for your course materials for use outside of Connect
- Seamlessly integrate course reserves into your Connect course
- Group items using tags
- Reactivate readings in future terms in a single step
- UBC Library and Copyright Office support available
- View usage data
Benefits for students:
- Targeted and easily accessible readings
- A single list for electronic, print and multimedia course materials
- Email notifications when a new item is added
- Anywhere, anytime access to electronic course reserves
How do I get started?
- Go to connect.ubc.ca
- Log in with your CWL
- Click on the Library tab
- Select your course under My Course Reserves
- Start adding or accessing your course materials
More information on course reserves is available at courses.library.ubc.ca or contact your local Library branch.
Note: Asian Library Course Reserve looks after courses CHIN, JAPN, ASLA and ASIA (graduate courses). Please contact email@example.com or 604-822-2427 if there is questions.